Cut & Torn: Bmin/E

This is the end product of 42 hours of work. It started out as a simple cut and torn illustration project and it morphed into a huge part of my life. There was a least one night where no sleep was had. For a while there I thought I might go insane. I started dreaming about cutting out pieces and cluing them on.

The original is 2 feet by 1 foot. and all the little pieces are made from cut outs of paint samples picked up at Lowe’s. Some how I managed to get out of the store with my purse full of paint samples. I still have a good handful that are unused. Also three clue sticks sadly gave their life for this piece along with one who sustained major injury. I’m not sure it will ever be able to be used in the traditional way ever again.

Here is a few pics that I took of the process. It is interesting to see the way it developed from stage to stage. They were taken with my phone so they aren’t the best quality.

The whole reason for this project was to create an album cover, and I just happened to find an actual contest that coincided with the project. ALL CAPS, an Internet/YouTube band, needed a cover and I decided I would enter the contest. The end results are below.

Advertisements
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: